Hadoop under WIndows and SQL Assistant

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Hadoop under WIndows and SQL Assistant

When is an adapter going to be developed so we can access data in Hadoop from SQL Assistant under Windows ?

Netezza has one and it's pretty slick.

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Hadoop under WIndows and SQL Assistant

Obviously licensing questions should be taken up with your Teradata representatives. I believe that Teradata Studio and Studio Express are still available from the Teradata Develper Exchange, of which you only need to register and you can download.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

I believe that SQL Assistant is is close to being phased out and that Teradata Studio is now the alternative. You should be able to use Teradata Studio to connect, using JDBC drivers to both Teradata and Hadoop, though I have not yet tried this myself. Teradata also have QueryGrid for accessing Hadoop and Teradata.

I also believe that Nexus, from Coffing DW, can build query joins across many different database types.

Enthusiast

So Teradata Studio 16 can work with Teradata server 15 ?

I must use JDBC drivers instead of ODBC drivers ?

Can I install both on my desktop ?

Enthusiast

Yes Teradata Studio and Studio Express 16 will work with RDBMS 15. I believe that you have to use the Embedded Teradata JDBC driver for connections. I am not aware thatyou can add other connection methods. You can run all normal Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) along with Teradata Studio and Studio Express on your desktop.

Enthusiast

Thanks for that Mark.....but the issue I see is licensing. Will the older SQL Assistance license carry over I wonder ?

Enthusiast

Obviously licensing questions should be taken up with your Teradata representatives. I believe that Teradata Studio and Studio Express are still available from the Teradata Develper Exchange, of which you only need to register and you can download.