How to Call Teradata Stored Procedure

Connectivity

How to Call Teradata Stored Procedure

Hi,
When i try to call the stored procedure "ACEREWARDS_CUSTOMERPREF(?)", it throws error "something missing between "(" and "?" ", i dont know what it exactly looking for. If i removed the "(?)", it throws "stored procedure does not exists.
I am using Terdata.Client.Provider 13.0 in C#.NET3.5.
Any suggestions.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to Call Teradata Stored Procedure

If i removed the "(?)", it throws "ACEREWARDS_CUSTOMERPREF is not a stored procedure".
Teradata Employee

Set the TdCommand.CommandText to the Stored Procedure Name and Set the TdCommand.CommandType to CommandType.StoredProcedure. Data Provider will generate the appropriate CALL statement.

Note that Stored-Procedure and Macros are not interchangeable. Is "ACEREWARDS_CUSTOMERPREF" a macro? If it is a macro then set the TdCommand.CommandText to "Exec ACEREWARDS_CUSTOMERPREF(?)" and set the TdCommand.CommandType to CommandType.Text.

Its working fine, thanks a lot.

REPLACE PROCEDURE a.LOAD_TB_BI_TABLE

(

IN P_JOB VARCHAR(10000),

OUT P_RETURN_MSG1 VARCHAR(256),

OUT P_STATUS1 INTEGER

)

P1:BEGIN

DECLARE v_SQL_STMT VARCHAR(10000) ;

DECLARE FLAG VARCHAR(10000) ;

DECLARE p_return_msg VARCHAR(256) ;

DECLARE p_status INTEGER ;

SET v_SQL_STMT='CALL a.LOAD_TB_BI_TABLES('||1||','||'DIM_REFRESH'||','||'DIM_REFRESH'||','||1||','||1||',P_RETURN_MSG,P_STATUS)';

Call DBC.SYSEXECSQL( :v_SQL_STMT);

SET P_RETURN_MSG1 =P_RETURN_MSG;

SET P_STATUS1=P_STATUS;

END P1;

This is the procedure which I am creating to call another procedure, But while calling, it is throwing an error saying SQL statement not supported.

call a.LOAD_TB_BI_TABLE

('a.LOAD_TB_BI_TABLES(1,''DIM_REFRESH'',''DIM_REFRESH'',1,1,P_RETURN_MSG,P_STATUS)',P_return_msg1,p_status1)

Please help, how to implement this scenaio, I need to parameteriize the store procedure name and call that within a procedure.

This is

Teradata Employee

Add new questions as new post. You will have better chance to get your answer.