Installing Teradata ODBC driver on Linux (Centos)

Connectivity

Installing Teradata ODBC driver on Linux (Centos)

Hi,

I have been looking for instructions on how to install the Teradata ODBC drive in a linux environement. I have Centos 6.4 installed with unixODBC 2.2.14 installed. I have downloaded the 64-bit ODBC drivers an attempted to install the TeraGSS, ICU and ODBC driver but I cannot connect using isql. I get the following error message: 

01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_64/lib/tdata.so' : file not found

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

When I tried to remove the rpm using rpm -e *TeraGSS* I get an error error: package TeraGSS_linux_x64-14.00.00.00-1.noarch.rpm is not installed. But when I try to install the rpm again I get the message package TeraGSS_linux_x64-14.00.00.00-1.noarch is already installed.

I am at a loss as to wht to do next.

Regards 

Eugene

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: Installing Teradata ODBC driver on Linux (Centos)

Further information:

I have installed the packages in the following order:

1. GSS

2. ICU

3. TDodbc

However, when I install the tdodbc package I get the following error:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_32/bin/set_default_version: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

.build_pre130_bridge -b 32 -i /opt

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_32/bin/.build_pre130_bridge: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

enable_legacy_installdir -b 32 -i /opt -I /usr/odbc

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_32/bin/enable_legacy_installdir: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

set_default_version -b 64 -v 14.00 -i /opt

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_64/bin/set_default_version: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

.build_pre130_bridge -b 64 -i /opt

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_64/bin/.build_pre130_bridge: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

enable_legacy_installdir -b 64 -i /opt -I /opt/teradata/client/odbc

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.CVeueI: /opt/teradata/client/14.00/odbc_64/bin/enable_legacy_installdir: /usr/bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I have checked and the files and folders are present. 

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Eugene

Fan

It requires pdksh (korn shell) to install.

Fan

Hi Guys,

i have installed windows-xp and cent-os in VM ware workstation. And In that windows xp i have installed teradata 13. Now i want to connectivity from unix box to teradata database to write scrits. Please help me the connectivity procedure.