JDBC Drivers for Coldfusion running on SUSE Linux

Connectivity

JDBC Drivers for Coldfusion running on SUSE Linux

I apologize if this is a repeat topic, I tried to search through the forums here and found nothing useful about this topic.

I have Coldfusion10 running on SUSE Linux. Using Coldfusion Administrator I am trying to add the Teardata JDBC driver in the Data & Services section. I added the following into the Java and JVM tab "/CF_DRIVERS/tdgssconfig.jar,/CF_DRIVERS/terajdbc4.jar" in the ColdFusion Class Path section which is where the jar files are located.

The problem is the driver is not showing up in the pull down list on the Data Sources tab when I got to add the connection type.

Does anyone have any experience setting this up in Linux that may be able to help me get this figured out?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBC Drivers for Coldfusion running on SUSE Linux

Teradata JDBC Driver support for ColdFusion 10 is in progress. We will provide an update when support is available.

Teradata Employee

Today I an installing CF10 running on Mac OSX. In the "COLD FUSION CLASS PATH" I entered: /Applications/TeradataStudio/plugins/com.teradata.datatools.terajdbc_14.2.0.201302060329

which is the folder where the two jar files were located in my MBP. This seemed to work, as my data source was created and verified after this step.

However, I am still struggling to get my "hello world" to work, I get a funny JDBC error 3706 back... 

Teradata Employee

Error 3706 is a SQL Syntax Error from the Teradata Database. It is not from the Teradata JDBC Driver.

Teradata Employee

I am using the same SQL statement example as provided in http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/frameset.html

see below:

ColdFusion Code Sample

The following sample code uses the Data Source that was created earlier in ColdFusion via the Administrator console.

The actual script is:

<html>

<head>

<title>A ColdFusion Page</title>

</head>

<body>

This is a ColdFusion page.

<br />

<cfquery name="DBSINFO" datasource="TeraJDBC4">

select InfoKey, InfoData from dbc.dbcinfo

</cfquery>

<cfoutput query="DBSINFO">

#InfoKey#, #InfoData#<br />

</cfoutput>

</body>

</html>

When this script is put into a file C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\test.cfm

then it can be invoked from a browser via an URL http://localhost:8500/test.cfm

and will produce output similar to the following:

This is a ColdFusion page.

VERSION, 06.00.00.00

RELEASE, V2R.06.00.00.00

Teradata Employee

The Teradata JDBC Driver now supports ColdFusion 10.