JDBC URL specify failover server

Connectivity

JDBC URL specify failover server

Hi there!, we have a web application connecting to teradata using JDBC url. To handle, automatic failover I would like to specify failover server in JDBC URL. But I couldn't find any information on what attribute I can use to achieve this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Current URL: jdbc:teradata://primaryserver.xyz.com/database=DB1,TMODE=TERA

I am looking for something like below

jdbc:teradata://primaryserver.xyz.com/database=DB1,TMODE=TERA secondaryserver.xyz.com/database=DB1,TMODE=TERA

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBC URL specify failover server

First, we need to understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to fail over to a different node within the same Teradata Database system, or are you trying to fail over to a different Teradata Database system?

For the first scenario -- fail over to a different node within the same Teradata Database system -- beginning with Teradata Database 14.10 and Teradata JDBC Driver 14.10.00.26, we offer a feature called "Recoverable Network" that enables reconnects after network failures or Teradata Database restarts. With older software versions, a legacy Teradata reconnect feature can be used, but it is not recommended for a web application that uses connection pooling.

For the second scenario -- fail over to a different Teradata Database system -- our Unity Director product is the official recommended solution.