JDBC User authentication error: Failed to AcceptSecurity with Client

Connectivity
Fan

JDBC User authentication error: Failed to AcceptSecurity with Client

Our Terdata database uses LDAP Single Sign on. I can logon to the database useing SQL Assistant and my own account.

Using JDBC, I can connect to the Terdata database using a service account, but when I use my own account I get the error below.  I'm using the connection URL below. I also tried removing LOGMECH=LDAP.

"jdbc:teradata://abcd.yyy.zz/DBS_PORT=1234,DATABASE=BBBBBB,charset=ASCII,LOGMECH=LDAP";

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 13.00.00.20] [Error 8907] [SQLState HY000] Query Director: Failed to AcceptSecurity with Client

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDatabaseSQLException(ErrorFactory.java:310)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericEncryptContextState.action(GenericEncryptContextState.java:134)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:120)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:201)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.<init>(TeraLocalConnection.java:99)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:54)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:218)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:151)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBC User authentication error: Failed to AcceptSecurity with Client

You are using very old software versions, and it will be difficult to provide support.

Teradata JDBC Driver 13.0 is no longer supported. (Your specific version Teradata JDBC Driver 13.00.00.20 was released eight years ago in 2010.)

You should consider switching to a newer version of the Teradata JDBC Driver. The currently supported versions are listed on our download page.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/jdbc-driver

Also, your error message indicates that you are using Query Director -- Error 8907 ... Query Director: Failed to ...

The last release of the Query Director product was 13.10 back in 2010. Query Director was superseded by its replacement product, Teradata Unity, with the 14.00 release.

My understanding is that Query Director is no longer supported, which may differ in your site's case. You will need to contact Teradata Customer Service for more information, and to determine whether or not your site is supported.

Regards,

Tom