JDBC not doing cop discovery - unknown host

Connectivity
Enthusiast

JDBC not doing cop discovery - unknown host

I'm accessing 2 different Linux servers, same JDBC (3.02). I am not the server administrator. Using server1, I can successfully connect to the database using the "hostname", and JDBC does the "cop discovery" just like it is supposed to. On the server2, if I just use the hostname, I get an "unknown host" error message. If I specify a specific "cop" name, then I can get connected. Seems like it should be a simple configuration change to something on server2 to make JDBC work with the cop discovery, but I don't know what to do. Any advise?
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: JDBC not doing cop discovery - unknown host

FYI - This problem was solved with a change to /etc/resolv.conf by the server administrator.
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBC not doing cop discovery - unknown host

Information about the Teradata JDBC Driver's COP Discovery is available in the Teradata JDBC Driver Reference.

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#2403_240...

The Teradata JDBC Driver does COP Discovery when the COP=ON connection parameter is specified, or when the COP connection parameter is omitted. The Teradata JDBC Driver will connection to the hostname directly, without COP Discovery, when the COP=OFF connection parameter is specified.