JDBC v3.03.00.00 not passing props, including DSName

Connectivity

JDBC v3.03.00.00 not passing props, including DSName

I'm helping to diagnose some issues with using the Teradata JDBC driver v3.03.00.00 from WebLogic 9.2. I believe I discovered that this version of the driver ignores the Properties object passed into the getConnection() method. Can anyone confirm that?

Assuming that's true, since our WebLogic ConnectionPool setting was attempting to set the DSName property, what would be the possible impacts if that property was not set? It seems redundant to me, as our connection string is using an IP address, and the value we were attempting to set for DSName was the same IP address.

I now know that the workaround for it not using the Properties is simply to append each property setting at the end of the URL (comma-separate), I'm just trying to understand what the impact would have been if the property wasn't set.
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBC v3.03.00.00 not passing props, including DSName

When an application uses the two-argument DriverManager.getConnection(String url, Properties info) method, the Teradata JDBC Driver only supports non-null "user" (or "username") and "password" property values in the Properties info argument.

All other Teradata JDBC Driver connection parameters must be specified in the connection URL.