JavaDoc for JDBC Driver

Connectivity

JavaDoc for JDBC Driver

Does anyone know where I can find the Javadoc for the JDBC Driver version 15?

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: JavaDoc for JDBC Driver

All Teradata JDBC Driver documentation is available here on Developer Exchange:

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/frameset.html

In the left navigation pane, click "JDBC Interfaces A-L" or "JDBC Interfaces M-Z".

Thanks.  I was hoping to get information on the classes in the com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6 package.  Specifically, I have a connection pool that I'd like to monitor.  In order to monitor, I need the fully qualified classnames and methods that are used when...

1. a physical connection is created

2. a physical connection is destroyed

Do you know the classnames/methods that are called during these two instances?

Thanks again...

Teradata Employee

The com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6 package is an internal, undocumented, package of the Teradata JDBC Driver. That package name is subject to change, and all the classes in that package are subject to change, at any time in any future build of the Teradata JDBC Driver.

We strongly recommend against referring to any Teradata JDBC Driver packages, classes, or methods other than the ones listed in the Teradata JDBC Driver documentation. It is not supported to refer to any undocumented Teradata JDBC Driver packages, classes, or methods.

Thanks.  I figured it was subject to change and I was ok with that.  We have an application monitoring tool that can be configured on the fly.  So, if/when we did change drivers, I could easily change that configuration as well.  I was hoping to monitor everytime the driver made a physical connection and everytime the driver closed the physical connection.  At times, our production environment has issues creating connections.  We're not sure if it's Teradata related, Network related, or Application Server related (where the create connection is initiated).  I was hoping that monitoring the classes within our tool would shed some light on the problem.