Maximum number os sessions accepted by td 15.10

Connectivity
Connectivity covers the mechanisms for connecting to the Teradata Database, including driver connectivity via JDBC or ODBC.
Enthusiast

Maximum number os sessions accepted by td 15.10

Hi All,

Can you please let me know , how many number of session at a time will be accepted in TD15.10. I have many jobs whcih will be hitting teradata , for some jobs we are facing connectivity issue once we reran the job it was running god. I am using Datastage job to connect with teradata and shell scripts

Can you please let me know how many sessions TD15.10 will be accepting at a single run .. ?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Maximum number of sessions accepted by td 15.10 ( subject change)

Junior Contributor

Re: Maximum number os sessions accepted by td 15.10

By default there are two Parsing Engines per node, each allows 120 sessions, so the available number of session is 240 * number of nodes.

The number of PEs can be increased Usually done by Customer Suppprt), but before you do this you should check:

• are there lots of idle sessions -> abort them automatically using Viewpoint
  • how many sessions are connected by each Datastage job? -> Don't use the default of 1 session per AMP. TASM should assign sessions based on the UtilityDataSize query band.
Teradata Employee

Re: Maximum number os sessions accepted by td 15.10

Also make sure you are using an approach that spreads connections across all available nodes, e.g. network aliases mytdCOP1 through mytdCOPn in DNS or hosts file, with just "mytd" prefix as the name in the connection, and "COP discovery" enabled (client driver default).