[NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request

Connectivity
Enthusiast

[NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request

teradata db version 5.0
informatica is the etl tool that we use.
some of the connection to the terdata is with odbc - 2.8.2.5
informatica server is windows 2000

we want to upgrade the ttu version so we installed on the dev environment of informatica ttu 8.2
when we try to run insert with the new odbc driver we got the
following error:

FnName: Execute -- [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request.
FnName: Execute -- [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error
ERROR 07/08/2007 10:53:32 node01_Test WRITER_1_*_1 WRT_8229 Database errors occurred:
FnName: Execute -- [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request.
FnName: Execute -- [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error

the dev server is windows 2003
the same action is succeed with the old odbc driver.

8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request

That error message comes from the par$er, so the only way I can think of the new setup generating the error, but the old one working fine would be that the new one is possibly using ODBC extensions ? (similar to the queryman option) ?

As a first step can you turn on DBQL on the user id and verify if both the SQLs are same ?
Enthusiast

Re: [NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Insufficient memory for a Concrete Step for this request

thank's i wil try it.
Enthusiast

hi

i found in the DBQL tables that, when i'm running from the new odbc driver the statement is :

INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;

when i'm runing from old driver has only one statement :

INSERT INTO TX705_SUB_CAMPAIGN_ACCOUNT(Campaign_Strategy_Id,Sub_Campaign_Id,Party_Agreement_Id,Rel_Start_Date,Campaign_Strategy_Type_Code) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ;
Enthusiast

It looks like in new setup, Informatica is firing an MSR (multi statement request) where as the old seems to be the plain fashioned single statement insert. The former gives better performance than the later though.

I am not familiar with Informatica., but I think the right place to start looking for, would be some where in the Informatica process if it's "packing" multiple insert statements into a single request or so (in the name of efficiency).
Enthusiast

do you think the problem is in the informatica setup or the odbc setup.
in the new odbc driver their is many new parameters like :
disable Asyc,Disable Parsing . . . are the new parameter can cause this behavior.
Enthusiast

I would put my guess on the Informatica setup. The ODBC driver should not generate an MSR on it's own unless the application does so.
Enthusiast

Using a less ancient version of the Teradata Database might solve this problem. I believe p a r s e r memory management has been greatly improved in more recent releases.

we've just learned that teradata does not supply an odbc driver for hp unix, 64 bit with the RISC processors (our machine). therefore we will not be able to connect directly to emedny with our new 64 bit version of informatica until such time that a driver becomes available or we upgrade to new machine or processors.

The driver worked fine with 32 bit and INformatica release 7.1.3. We are now upgrading to Informatica 8.1.1 with 64 bit, since Informatica only supports 2 releases back.

are there optiions besides maintaining a 7.1 version if Informatica?.