.NET data provider - cant see in visual studio

Connectivity
N/A

.NET data provider - cant see in visual studio

Hi,

I have installed the .Net Data Provider (http://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/net-data-provider-for-teradata) on 2 computers, as an Administrator. I tried 3 versions of VS - VS2013 Pro, VS2013 WD Express, VS2010 WD Express.

I found one tutorial, so I know that what Im trying to achieve should be possible :)

I am developing an ASP.Net MVC application and when I want to create the ado.net entity data model and try to generate it from the database, I dont see there the Teradata .NET provider. I have installed it many times, restarted the computer, tried to add it in server explorer as a data connection, but nothing. I cant see it anywhere.

Anyone has any suggestions? It will be probably something stupid, but I cant figure it out, found only 1 similar Q on stackoverflow, but theres no answer...

Thank you :)

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: .NET data provider - cant see in visual studio

.NET Data Provider for Teradata version 14.11.0.1 integrates with Visual Studio 2013 pro. Note that the earlier version (e.g. 14.11.0.0) does not integrate with Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2013. Also the easiest way to check is the Visual Studio "About" dialog box. It will list all extnsions including ".NET Data Provider for Teradata 14.11.0.1". Installation adds registry keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0 kyes in "DataProviders", "DataSources", "InstalledProducts", "Packages" and "services" subkeys. All .NET Data Provider for Teradata GUIDs end with "-e46d-11da-99a1-00132016887f"; you can search for it.

I have the same problem. I have VS2010 and the .NET Data Provider is listed. In VS2012 is NOT listed. The previous post says it does not integrate with 2012/2013. Is that true/absolute? I'm really hoping there is a fix for it. Seems strange that it works in 2010!

Teradata Employee

The .NET Data Provider for Teradata version 14.11.0.1 integrates with VS 2010, 2012 and 2013. Did you download and install the 14.11.0.1 version? note that the .NET Data Provider version 14.11 does not integrate with VS 2012 and VS 2013.

This is avaiable when?

and in what release on TD@YS?

Junior Contributor

AFAIK the .NET Data Provider is not in T@YS, it's published via DevEx only:

.NET Data Provider