New Teradata 13 Express Installation - Help

Connectivity

New Teradata 13 Express Installation - Help

I Installaed TD-13 for Win-32. First surprise was this package does not contain SQL Assistant. 

Anyways I downlaoded TD studio and installed it. 

In the eobject explorer how do I connect to the server ? I never came accross an option to configure the server or set up a default database etc. Please help. 

I wish there is an option for attachment here. I'm in a window where it asks for "Specify a Teradata Database Server Name"

I never got a chnace in the installation process to set up a name. How do I proceed. 

Thanks

14 REPLIES

Re: New Teradata 13 Express Installation - Help

I did got to "Teradata Service Control" & started the teradata service. 

Teradata Employee

The Teradata Express edition does have the SQL Assistant with it which you can find under Start Menu > Programs > Teradata Client 13.0 > Teradata SQL assistant.

As you have mentioned, you have to start the Teradata Windows services from the "Teradata Service Control" before doing anything related to the Teradata Express Data-warehouse (including running Teradata client software).

For Teradata Express, the Teradata environment is automatically configured for your machine (including default host name and database names, etc.)

Teradata Employee

Teradata Tools & Utilities V13.1 (including SQL Assistant) can be downloaded from here. This is the latest version currently available.

Hi Installed Teradata Tools & Utilities V13.1 but i could nto get Teradata Service control Where shall i find for this..

Teradata Employee

Teradata service control is usually found as a shortcut on the desktop. Alternatively, you can find it too at: Start Menu > Programs > Teradata Database Express 13.0 > Teradata Service Control. If none of these can be found then go to the installation location: e.g. "C:\Program Files\Teradata\Teradata Express Tools\Teradata Service Control\TeradataService.exe"

Teradata Employee

BTW, you need to install Teradata Express Database (i.e. the DBMS that stores and hosts the data)  to use the Tools and Utilities with it. More details can be found here: http://www.teradata.com/teradata-express-13-0-windows/

could you please provide hte download link for  Teradata Database Express 13.0. 

Actually I installed td-ttu-13.10.00.00 from the link http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-tools-and-utilities-windows-installation-packa...

here its given we need to download the database separately. so please suggest me in this regard.

N/A

I am trying to install above version. Is this version compatible to Windows 8 64 bit?

I have installed Teradata 13.10.0.02 in my system (Windows 7, 32-Bit). I am getting connection error when i connect to the  Teradata database using SQL assistant.

[.NET Data Provided for Teradata][115025] Could not resolve Data Source = 10.188.143.14 to an available node after 1 attempts. [Socket Transport][10060] System.Net.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.188.143.14:1025 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Teradata.Client.Provider.WpTcpTransport.WaitOnSockets(List'1 sockets, UtlStopwatchWrapper timer, Int 32 timeout, Int32 lcc Timeout, TdErrorCollectionerrors)

I have got the db username and password and is working fine in other systems except mine, i ve reinsalled the client twice but no luck still, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hari