Newly added features and Utilities in Teradata V2R6.2.1

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Newly added features and Utilities in Teradata V2R6.2.1

Hello,
We are in the process of Upgrading our Application from Teradata V2R5.0.3 to V2R6.2.1.

I want to know whether there are any deprecated features in Teradata V2R6.2.1 as Opposed to V2R5.0.3.

I also want to know the New Features Added to Teradata V2R6.2.1 such as Changes to SQL Commands,Teradata Utilities like Fast Load,Fast Export,MLOAD,TPUMPetc.....

I need your help very Urgently as this has to be completed and installed in production environment by this month end.

Thanks in Advance for any sort of help that is being rendered.

With Regards,
N.V.Balasubramaniam.
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Newly added features and Utilities in Teradata V2R6.2.1

I don't recall anything being deprecated between V2R5 and V2R6 ...

Nor should you have trouble with your existing Fastload/mload/fexp etc scripts ...

You should be able to get the listing of new stuff from the release definition document, which is just the guy you are looking for. There may be a lot of new things which is irrelevant to you, and some goodies that might have been in your wish list ...

You may also want to cross check the release definition documents for releases in between these two (ie 5.1, 6.0 and 6.1) these might have some more stuff which may not be listed in the 6.2 release.

Another lookout may be for the new list of Teradata reserved words (in case new words got added to the list between 5.0 and 6.2), I don't recall which document had it (may be the release definition ?), but worst case you should be able to get it from your NCR support guys... and if my memory serves me right, they also had some script to check for these reserved words in the existing system prior to upgrade.
Enthusiast

Re: Newly added features and Utilities in Teradata V2R6.2.1

Hello,
Thanks for your Reply.I got an Idea on how to proceed further and also came to know from your mail that there are no Deprecated features available in V2R6.2.1. as against V2R5.0.

Thanks for your Reply.

Please do keep in touch if you have any further Idea about V2R6.2.1.

With Regards,
Your's Friendly,
N.V.Balasubramaniam.