ODBC Connectivity Issue

Connectivity

ODBC Connectivity Issue

I have installed both 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC drivers for Teradata. I have set up the DSN for both 32-bit and 64-bit using the below odbc administrators

for 64-bit - C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe ; DSN Name : DW64

for 32-bit - C:\Windows\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe ; DSN Name : DW32

When I try DSN DW32 in my Report Builder 3.0, I get the following error:

Error [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

When I try to use DSN DW64 in my Report Builder 3.0, I get the following error:

Error [IM003] specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (Teradata, C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664\Lib\tdata32.dll).

I verified that the Environment Variable Path has both the 32-bit adn 64-bit details of Teradata drivers.

I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers ensuring the following order of installation has been followed :- tdicu-TeraGSS-odbcdriver

Still I'm not able to connect to Teradata from Report Builder 3.0.

Please help!

3 REPLIES

Re: ODBC Connectivity Issue

I am also facing the same error. Please can anyone help

Teradata Employee

It looks you application is 64-bit.  Hence the error with DW32 DSN is expected i.e., 64-bit applications need/work with 64-bit ODBC drivers.

Coming to the error with DW64 DSN, the error mostly to do with tdicu being not available in path.  The path update will be done automatically by the tdicu install.  But if your application is already running at the time of installing, you need to re-start the application(so that the environment changes are reflected).

Thanks for the solution. I am able to establish connection to Teradata after restarting reporting services in the server!