ODBC Driver Segfaults on SuSE Linux 10

Connectivity
Enthusiast

ODBC Driver Segfaults on SuSE Linux 10

I'm running the latest ODBC Teradata drivers (TeraGSS.12.00.00.00) on SuSE Linux 10 SP1 (32-bit) and experiencing Segfaults (core dump). It appears that the Segfaults occur when I'm using isql (a unixODBC utility) and there is an SQL Error - even just hitting "Enter" at the prompt. The Segfaults also occur when I'm using php5 odbc_exec() for any query statement (note that odbc_connect() seems to work ok). The adhoc utility in the /usr/odbc/samples/C & C++ directories do NOT produce segfaults under these same scenarios, and I can successfully query the db and SQL Errors return error statements.

Has anyone encountered similar issues and have any suggestions?

When I connect with adhoc, it reports these versions:
ODBC version = -03.52.0000-
DBMS name = -Teradata-
DBMS version = -06.01.0158 V2R-
Driver name = -tdata.so-
Driver version = - 12.00.00.00-
Driver ODBC version = -03.51-

Regards,
David
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: ODBC Driver Segfaults on SuSE Linux 10

Ahh! I figured it out, and hopefully this info will be useful to someone else out there!

There are conflicts between the Teradata-provided odbc libraries and the system-installed unixODBC libraries. Making sure the Teradata odbc libraries are used by other applications like isql and php5 made ALL the difference!

Re: ODBC Driver Segfaults on SuSE Linux 10

And how did you make sure the correct libs are used? My (RedHat AS 4.6) box has odbc libs in /usr/lib/ linked to those in /usr/odbc/lib, since I installed tdodbc. How do you sort this out?

Thanks,
Scott