ODBC- Enable MS-ACCESS Interoperability Mode

Connectivity

ODBC- Enable MS-ACCESS Interoperability Mode

We are using Access to gather Teradata from one source and SQL Server data from another source for comparisonand reporting.

My laptop has an ODBC connection that under Options/Advanced it lists two items that need to be checked for proper operation: "Enable MS-ACCESS Interoperability Mode" and "Enable custom Catalog Mode for 2.x Applications". This configuration works.

We need to duplicate the process on a desktop, both running XP Service Pack 2. That computer's Options/Advanced window looks alittle different with a Custon Options section at the bottom. It only lists the "Enable custom Catalog Mode for 2.x Applications" line. Not mentioning MS-ACCESS. This configuration with the 2.x option checked FAILS. It does give a message "Can't find host" then lists the same teradata server info. I am not sure whether this is an host access problem or the issue of a missing "Enable MS-ACCESS Interoperability Mode".

Please, excuse the length as it has the tech people scratchiing their heads. I can send a jpg of the srceen shots if that would help.

Thanks, I am quite stumped.
Candyman

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: ODBC- Enable MS-ACCESS Interoperability Mode

"Advanced Options" selections vary depending on the exact level of the Teradata ODBC driver; they can even change from one patch level to another within the same version.

How do I tell the Patch #? Or should I just test release 8.0 to the non working PC, then if it works, load to the working laptop?

Hey, Its up! Cool Thanks