ODBC HY000: User Defined Function source on the client is not supported by the driver

Connectivity
Enthusiast

ODBC HY000: User Defined Function source on the client is not supported by the driver

Hi All,

I am new to teradata. I was writing the scripts for Create Function and while executing the script in Teradata SQL Assistance, i am getting the following error

Code =-1.

The Script which i used is

CREATE FUNCTION COMP3TODEC8 (Buffer BYTE(10),bufferLength INTEGER)
RETURNS DECIMAL(18,0)
LANGUAGE C
NO SQL
PARAMETER STYLE TD_GENERAL
DETERMINISTIC
RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT
EXTERNAL NAME 'CS!Comp3ToDec8!E:\Comp3ToDec8.c';

In our company, we are connecting to an NCR Server located outside of our company using ODBC. We need to test the validity of the scripts which we write. The "E:\Comp3ToDec8.c" is located in the client machine where i am running the script. Can any one help me out in telling how i can execute the script fully without any error?
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: ODBC HY000: User Defined Function source on the client is not supported by the driver

As the message says, you can't do this via ODBC (e.g. using SQL Assistant). Source files on the client are supported only with the CLI driver (e.g. using BTEQ or BTEQWIN).