ODBC.INI configuration with LDAP Authentication Mechanism

Connectivity
Teradata Employee

ODBC.INI configuration with LDAP Authentication Mechanism

Hi,

I am trying to connect to teradata database using ODBC with LDAP authentication. Follwing are the coentents of my odbc.ini:

[testdsn]

Driver=/opt/teradata/client/15.00/ODBC_64/lib/tdata.so

Description=Teradata database

DBCName=208.199.59.208

MechanismName=ldap

LastUser=

Username=

Password=

Database=

DefaultDatabase=

I am getting error The USERID, Password or Account is invalid. I am able to connect if I remove MechanismName=ldap and providing non ldap credentiials. The LDAP user is also logging successfully from BTEQ. Can anybody help me to sort this out or can share a sample ODBC.INI file with LDAP Authentication Mechanism.

Thanks and regards,

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: ODBC.INI configuration with LDAP Authentication Mechanism

Does the password contain special characters? Sometimes that can be a problem with ODBC.

What patch level of 15.00?

Enthusiast

Just to let you know - you're not alone in that. I couldn't get the Linux ODBC drivers to actually use LDAP... gave up after a few days and resigned to just using local accounts for ODBC. I think the last version I tried with was 14.10 or so... it's been a while.

I'd be curious if it logs in fine if you specify LDAP and provide the non-ldap password.

Teradata Employee

The password does not contain any speciial character. ODBC works fine without LDAP. I am not sure about patch level. Can you please tell me how can I get this inforrmation.

Teradata Employee

Issue is resolved. I was missing the following step:

GRANT LOGON ON ALL TO ETL_USR WITH NULL PASSWORD;