ODBC Socket Error in some Informatica Sessions

Connectivity
HP
Enthusiast

ODBC Socket Error in some Informatica Sessions

Hello,

Since past one month, we are getting the error below in some of our informatica sessions during the daily load.

013-02-22 02:11:10 : ERROR : (15655 | PRE-SESS) : (IS | IS_NAME) : node01_abc.com : CMN_1022 : Database driver error...

CMN_1022 [

[Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Socket error - The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

Points to note:

1. It occurs for only say 3-4 informatica sessions out of hundreds of sessions which are successful.

2. When we restart the failed session, it gets executed succesfully

3.  Also the teradata data base is available during that error. and other sessions are being successfully executed using the same odbc connections from Informatica server (Linux).

any pointers to troubleshoot will be much aprreciated.

Regards

HP

5 REPLIES
HP
Enthusiast

Re: ODBC Socket Error in some Informatica Sessions

I was finally able to get the reason, it was due to a bad switch (Network), where in we were having pack loss. the issue was resolved when the switch bios was upgraded.

Thanks

HP

Teradata Employee

Hi HP,

How did you diagnose the bad switch? I am having a similar problem myself. We've run a TCPDump, but nothing conclusive.

Thanks!

HI HP,

I am running into same issue on our batch process(some are mload jobs and some are read data from Teradata tables).

Any tips how to diagnose bad switch(es) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am also facing a similar kind of error,

CMN_1022[Database driver event... Error occured loading library[libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied] Database driver evernt... Error occured loading library[libpmtdata.so]]

I have checked the permission of the libodbc.so file, it has full permission.

Experts , please help me resolve this issue.

We are facing this error in a new environment setup.

Thanks,

Arun

Teradata Employee

Please start a new topic for a new question.

This error generally indicates you are running Informatica 64-bit but trying to use the 32-bit drivers. Double-check your environment paths.