ODBC v13 Single-Signon Error

Connectivity
N/A

ODBC v13 Single-Signon Error

Hello everyone!

We are in the process of upgrading our warehouse from v12 to v13.10.  Our first task is to roll out the ODBC to various users to see if things are still happy. 

Currently, we have the "Integrated Security" box checked in v12.  We use Windows AD for SSO Authentication.  After upgrading to ODBC v13 we now get an error message:  0x80090303-The target specified is unknown or unreachable.  It then states that there is not enough information to logon.

This is occuring using SQL Assistant v12.0.0.11

Current ODBC = v12.0.0.1

Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks!

Richard Puhl

Iowa Department of Revenue

Certified Master - v2r5

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: ODBC v13 Single-Signon Error

Check the reverse DNS lookup using the IP-address of the teradata database works correctly.  The name returned from reverse DNS lookup should be part of the registered SPN.

N/A

From what I can tell, the IP addresses to the TD box are fine.  I can Ping them from my pc...

As of this weekend, we upgraded our 5400 to Version 13.01.

Our ODBC is Version 13.10.0.6.  We still have this issue using all the TTU13.10 tools -- just like we had using the TTU12 tools.

I really could use advice...

Teradata Employee

You can check reverse lookup like below, where x.x.x.x is your database IP address.

nslookup x.x.x.x

Check if the name returned from nslookup is what you have in the service principle name(SPN)

N/A

Found the problem...

We have always had the IP addresses of the TD box in the HOSTS file (C:\Windows\Sys32\Drivers\Ect).  Helpful for using BTEQ, MLOAD, FastLoad on the PC by setting up a **COP1 entry.

Well, by default, EDW is the COP1 in Version 13.  So, putting another value in the HOSTS file was just completely screwing things up.  Once we removed the entries for the TD box from the HOSTS file, single-signon worked perfectly.

Weird that it was fine for V12 and not for V13, but it did solve the problem.  I have to modify all my logon cards to remove the old COP1 references, but thats not a biggie.