Parameters in JDBC Connector for Kereberos Connection

Connectivity
SAP
Enthusiast

Parameters in JDBC Connector for Kereberos Connection

Hi All , 

Could you please help me with parameters in JDBC connection that helps Kerberos Authentication and settings that need to changed in JDBC drivers ?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Parameters in JDBC Connector for Kereberos Connection

To use Kerberos authentication, specify the Teradata JDBC Driver connection parameter LOGMECH=KRB5 which is documented here:

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#URL_LOGM...

There is a significant amount of configuration needed for Kerberos authentication, which is documented here:

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#CCHCBHJI

SAP
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot Tom . 

The second link says 

Verify Login Configuration Information

Kerberos requires the following Login Configuration information:

com.sun.security.jgss.initiate

{

com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule sufficient useTicketCache=true;

};

other

{

com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required;

};

The information can reside in a file (to be used selectively) or be set for all users by modifying the java.security file.

To put the information in a file, specify the location of that file with the JVM directive:

-Djava.security.auth.login.config

For example, if the Login Configuration file resided in a file called TeraJDBC.config in the working directory, specify:

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=TeraJDBC.config

as a JVM directive to use this file.

But , if i have put the login configuration into TeraJDBC.config . Then where shud i put the above line or command what ever . Do i need to add this -Djava.security.auth.login.config=TeraJDBC.config in JDBC connection ? Could u pls help me 

Teradata Employee

The documentation says "To put the information in a file, specify the location of that file with the JVM directive".

The following is a command-line option that must be added to the command line that you use to start the JVM, such as the program "java" on Linux, or the program "java.exe" or "javaw.exe" on Windows:

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=TeraJDBC.config