Passing XML modeled string into a teradata macro (similar to OPENXML in SQL Server)

Connectivity
N/A

Passing XML modeled string into a teradata macro (similar to OPENXML in SQL Server)

I am a .NET middle tier programmer. I am working with a teradata macro and researching if we can pass an XML document into a teradata macro. We have a large number of parameters with many parameters having multi-value inputs.

Do you have a few minutes to advice any ideas or experience you've had in this area?

Thanks a lot for your time!
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Passing XML modeled string into a teradata macro (similar to OPENXML in SQL Server)

Teradata had developed a package of sophisticated UDFs to do XML parsing and related stuff some time this year. While I don't have specific details, you may want to get in touch with your Teradata support guys (Your DBA should be able to do that). There was also an Orange book available on the subject by Mike Watzke (again your NCR support guy/DBA can get it for you). I would strongly recommend you to explore that option before you end up re-inventing the wheel.
Enthusiast

Re: Passing XML modeled string into a teradata macro (similar to OPENXML in SQL Server)

Check out this.

http://www.teradata.com/t/go.aspx/index.html?id=123796

Though I believe it's not up to date, there were some work done in the beginning of the year. As I mentioned, your NCR support guy should be able to get the latest if it's in Beta version or so.