PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol

Connectivity
Enthusiast

PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol

Hi,
I am getting this exception when trying to execute a batch with Teradata JDBC PreparedStatement. Is there anything that I can change the way I create PreparedStatement or something?
Thanks,

com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol java.lang.ClassCastException com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedBatchStatementSendState.initSubclassParcels(PreparedBatchStatementSendState.java:94)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementSendState.action(StatementSendState.java:78)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedBatchStatementSendState.action(PreparedBatchStatementSendState.java:53)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:100)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.PreparedBatchStatementController.run(PreparedBatchStatementController.java:58)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:286)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:114)| at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalPreparedStatement.executeBatch(TeraLocalPreparedStatement.java:326)|
at
....preparedStatement.executeBatch()
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol

This issue is resolved by JDBC RFC 99487 ("enable use of PreparedStatement batch update when LOB_SUPPORT=off"), which is available in Teradata JDBC Driver 13.00.00.04 and later.
Enthusiast

Re: PreparedIndicProtocol incompatible with PreparedIndicMultiPartProtocol

Thanks Tom, that is very useful information. I tried with V13 driver and it seems to work.
-Akshay