Problem with ODBC driver and MS Query?

Connectivity

Problem with ODBC driver and MS Query?

I'm trying to import data into an Excel 2000 spreadsheet by SQL query (using Data>>Get External Data>>New Database Query). However, I receive 'Out of Memory' followed by 'Could not read the file' when attempting to connect using the Teradata ODBC DSN.

I am able to connect to Teradata when using the same ODBC DSN in Teradata SQL Assistant 7.1 so I'm thinking that MS Query could be the problem. I've recreated the ODBC DSN with no luck.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 with version 3.6.0.0 of the ODBC driver for Teradata and Microsoft Office 2000.

Does anyone know if the Teradata ODBC driver is flakey with MS Query?

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Brad
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Problem with ODBC driver and MS Query?

I use MS Query with the ODBC driver with no problem using the same path you describe.

The only thing I've noticed is that you have to check the "Enable Custom Catalog Mode for 2.x Applications". This is on the "Advanced" options for the ODBC driver. If you do not do this, and you do not qualify the table names with a databasename, MS Query will pick (it seems to be random) the first table it finds with that name, rather than use the default database specified in the DSN.

However, this does not seem to match your issue.

I checked "Enable Custom Catalog Mode for 2.x Applications" and it now works!

Thanks for your help.
N/A

Hi

I have similar setup with Win XP SP2, Teradata V12 Driver, Excel 2007. ODBC DSN works in SQL Assistant 12, but I get same error "Out of Memory"

I tried the setting but this didn't work for me - it did seem to take alot longer to come up with the error - any other ideas?