Problem with teradata SQLA 13 'object reference not set'

Connectivity

Problem with teradata SQLA 13 'object reference not set'

Hi Guys,

I have installed the teradata 13 client in my machine (Win XP). Whenever i run a query in SQLA  it gives the error msg

'object reference not set to an instance of object'

If any of u people encountered this error kindly help me out the solution ASAP    thanks

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Problem with teradata SQLA 13 'object reference not set'

You will find additional information about this error in the SQLAError.txt.
I recall at least one other post about a similar isse; see:

http://forums.teradata.com/forum/tools/sqla-13-0-0-7-tera-express-13

Fan

it didnt help me

Fan

this is Error that i've got:

13/06/2012 11:16:42

SQLA Version: 13.10.0.4

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnManagerSelectedTabItemChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabItemChangedEventArgs e)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.set_SelectedTabItem(ITabItem value)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.SetSelectedTab(UltraTab tab)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.set_SelectedTab(UltraTab value)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.UltraTabControlCollection.Add(Control value)

at Teradata.SQLA.AnswerFrm.AddTab(String title, AnswerType typ, String dsn, String language) in F:\ttu1310_efix_snap\tdcli\qman\sqla\AnswerFrm.vb:line 169

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.GetNewAnswer(AnswerFrm& form, String formTitle, String tabTitle, AnswerType typ, String dsn, String language) in F:\ttu1310_efix_snap\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 169

at Teradata.SQLA.RunQry.DisplayResults(DbDataReader rdr, String stmt, Int32& rowCnt) in F:\ttu1310_efix_snap\tdcli\qman\sqla\RunQry.vb:line 452

what

should i do ??

thank u in advance

Eran

Teradata Employee

That looks like DR 149709 which was fixed in 13.10.0.5. (about 15 months ago)

I would strongly recommend checking the Teradata Software Server before installing any new version of software so that you can be sure to install the latest efix for the version you are installing.

The latest version of SQL Assistant for TTU 13.10 is curently 13.11.0.5.

If you prefer to stick with a 13.10.x release then the latest efix is 13.10.0.9.

(Note that only the latest efix for the selected TTU version will be displayed by default. To see the 13.10.x efixes you must clear the checkbox that says to display only the latest efix.)

Enthusiast

I just got the same error: "sql assistant object reference not set to an instance of an object" using SQL Assistant 14.10.0.03 while trying to import a tab delimeted file in a text record.  Have used the same command dozens of times.  Finally, just shut down SQLA  and restarted.  Everything worked fine with no changes - no errors and a successful import.

John

Teradata Employee

Please send the SQLAError.txt file to mike.dempsey@teradata.com.

Even though it appears to be working now I would like to look into the cause.

Also please let me know whether you were connected using ODBC or TD.Net, and what type of import statement you executed. [Insert?]

If you were using Teradata.Net please also let me know the Import Batch Size on the Import tab of options, and approx how many bytes per input row.

Thanks, Mike