Program crashes while executing a query using "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" client on Solaris Intel platform

Connectivity
Fan

Program crashes while executing a query using "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" client on Solaris Intel platform

Hi,

I have installed teradata ODBC client "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" on Solaris Intel platform.
The driver got installed correctly. And with other configurations (like LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting and ~/.odbc.ini configuration), I am able to connect to a teradata database and execute queries using the sample c++ program provided with the teradata client package.

Now my problem is, In a trial program written by me, I am trying to access this client through another third-party software "SQLAPI". In this case, I am able to connect to the a teradata database, but when I try to execute a query, the program crashes with a segmentation fault.

On the similar lines, I installed teradata ODBC client "TTU 13.0 LINUX-INDEP tdodbc.13.00.00.02" on Suse Linux platform and tried to execute a query on a teradata database using SQLAPI thirdparty library, it is working fine. Now, I am puzzled, why it is not working with this driver on Solaris Intel? Any known isues, anyone would like to share?

Moreover, using third-party library SQLAPI, I am able to connect to oracle database and execute the queries on both the platforms Suse Linux as well as Solaris Intel.

So, it seems there is some issue with "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" on Solaris Intel platform (should I try any other driver, please suggest which one) or this solaris teradata odbc driver is not perfectly compatible with SQLAPI third-party library on Solaris Intel platform or I am missing some configuration.

Please help.

Thanks,
VIS123
3 REPLIES
Fan

Re: Program crashes while executing a query using "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" client on Solaris Intel platform

Sample program written by me is as follows:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#include
#include "SQLAPI.h"
using namespace std;

int main()
{
try
{
SAConnection con;
SACommand cmd(&con, "select * from ABC");
con.Connect("testdb", "myUserName", "myPassword", SA_ODBC_Client);
cout << "isConnected = " << con.isConnected() << endl;
cmd.Execute(); //this statement crashes program
std::cout << "Query Executed" << std::endl;
con.Disconnect();
}
catch(SAException& se)
{
std::cout << "ERROR:- " << (const char *)se.ErrText() << std::endl;
}
catch(...)
{
std::cout << "Failed to connect to DB..." << std::endl;
}
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Teradata Employee

Re: Program crashes while executing a query using "TTU 12.0 SOLARIS-x8664 tdodbc.12.00.00.01" client on Solaris Intel platform

Vis123,

The 12.0 ODBC version you are using is pretty old. Currently, we are only supporting bug fixes for 13.0 and 13.10 products. Your best option is going to be to use the 13.0 ODBC version. Keep in mind that these products are Backward compatible with older versions of the Teradata Database.
Fan

Thanks Darrick.

I will try out with Teradata ODBC client version "TTU 13.0 Solaris-OPTERON 13.10.00.01" on my 64-bit Solaris Intel platform to check whether it resolves this issue.

- VIS123