Querying an Oracle database from a Teradata query

Connectivity

Querying an Oracle database from a Teradata query

Dear all, 

I would like ti create a DB Link from a Teradata database (v. 14.10.05.09) to an Oracle database (10g) but the Create DBLink query doesn't work. I have looked on the Internet about this, but I didn't find anything relevant about it? How should I proceed to create the link between the two environments? 

Thank you in advance

Regards

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Querying an Oracle database from a Teradata query

Teradata sells an optional product that provides connectivity to Oracle databases. For 14.10 / 15.0 it is called "Unity Source Link", though going forward it will be referred to as "Teradata QueryGrid: Teradata Database-to-Oracle Database".

Unfortunately, I have no admin rights on the Teradata data base so I cannot add the USL. Is there any other solution that doesn't involve installing additional tools? Something equivalent to the Create DBLink in oracle... 

Thank you in advance.

Teradata Employee

No. TD15.0+ supports FOREIGN SERVER / FOREIGN TABLE grammar, but you still need to install the QueryGrid / USL components to be able to make a connection.

Alternatively, TPT (Teradata Parallel Transporter) can copy data from Oracle to Teradata or from Teradata to Oracle (using the DataDirect driver for Oracle and the ODBC operator).