SSIS 2012 OLE DB Teradata provider 'TDOLEDB.1'

Connectivity

SSIS 2012 OLE DB Teradata provider 'TDOLEDB.1'

I am trying to set up a connection in SSIS 2012 and get i the following error. 

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. The 'TDOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

9 REPLIES

Re: SSIS 2012 OLE DB Teradata provider 'TDOLEDB.1'

Hello, I'm having the same problem (Win Server 2008 x64, SSIS/SSMS 2012 x32).  I'd appreciate any info on how to get the TDOLEDB driver working as I'm hoping that it'll allow me to pass DDL statements through OPENQUERY in SSMS, or perhaps provide better performance than the Teradata ODBC driver.

Thanks,

Mark

Teradata Employee

Teradata only offers a 32-bit OLEDB Provider. Error may be the result of SSIS package running in 64-bit mode. Try setting package properties Run64bitruntime=false

Did you get your SSIS to work with OLEDB I am having the same problem

same problem here. Any solution?

Have you tried the .Net data provider for Teradata?  It seems to work better then OLEDB, just don't forget to modify the response buffer size.

William Miteff
Teradata Employee

Refer to

http://developer.teradata.com/blog/netfx/2011/12/setup-sql-server-2008-r2-linked-server-to-the-terad...

It will show you how to use a UD file (e.g. FOO.UDL) to test OLE DB connections.

I need to use OLEDB connection because I'm trying to make a Lookup transform so ADO.NET is not possibñe. My problem was TTU installation mess up my windows path. What I've done was to cut the path in two (user and system path) in order to don't exceed the character limit. Also I installed previous TTU (14.00) because 14.10 wasn't working.

Teradata Employee

Note, there is no 64-bit Teradata OLEDB, for 64-bit SSIS Lookup solution use .NET Data Provider for Teradata with SSIS Connection Cache Manager feature.

Hi All,

I am trying to connect QlikView(64-bit) with teradata. I have Teradata in my machine.

Also have created a DSN in ODBC(64-bit).Now I have created a connection string by using Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC Drivers and the connection string generated is in below format:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=myuserid;Data Source=my data source;Extended Properties="DSN=mydsnname;UID=myuserid; "];(XPassword is mypassword);

Now when I use the same connection string and run a task, I am getting an error saying

The .Net Framework Data Provider for OLEDB (System.Data.OleDb) does not support the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (MSDASQL). Use the .Net Framework Data Provider for ODBC (System.Data.Odbc). ||

I have tried changing MSDASQL to TDOLEDB, but then I am getting an error that TDOLEDB is not installed in Local machine.

Can anyone plese help me.

Thanks,

Harika