Setting up linked server: SQL Server 2005 > Teradata via OLEDB

Connectivity
N/A

Setting up linked server: SQL Server 2005 > Teradata via OLEDB

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to set up a linked server from SQL Server 2005 to Teradata using the OLEDB provider.

Here is the error message I get:
OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" returned message "Login timeout expired".
OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" returned message "[TCP/IP][WSock32 DLL] 10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network".
Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" reported an error. Execution terminated by the provider because a resource limit was reached.
Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T".

I used this blog as a guideline for setting it up: http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/phils/archive/2005/11/30/8466.aspx

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

I have verified that it is not a firewall or connectivity issue. I can use the SQL Assistant with the ODBC driver just fine. I have also messed with the "OLEDB for ODBC" provider, but that errors out too. I really want to use the OLEDB for teradata provider if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Setting up linked server: SQL Server 2005 > Teradata via OLEDB

Disclaimer: I haven't tried linking with SQL Server 2005 so I could be off base here, but...

Can the driver resolve the name you put in the Data Source field to one of the Teradata system's IP addresses? A quick check to see if that is the problem would be to use a specific IP address rather than a name.

You might also check the OLE DB Provider manual (in particular, the section titled "Load Balancing") for some options that can be supplied in the Provider String field.
Enthusiast

Re: Setting up linked server: SQL Server 2005 > Teradata via OLEDB

Hi,
Please check the entry of ip in host file and also OLEDB configuration.

Regds,
sachin