TDOLE DB Driver 14.1 - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

Connectivity
Fan

TDOLE DB Driver 14.1 - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

Hi,

I am getting an error message “A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.” when I try to access Teradata database from within my ETL tool, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008 package.

A bit more detail on the error description:

A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.". ..Error: 2014-05-19 06:00:02.77     Code: 0xC020801C     Source: OLE DB Source [1]     Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Source_Teradata" failed with error code 0xC0202009

This error started occurring ever since I uninstalled the v12.0 of Teradata drivers and installed v14.0 of Teradata Drivers & Utilities. Prior to this uninstallation, the SSIS packages were working fine connecting to Teradata database.

Some of the environment details are as below:

Teradata Drivers: v14.10 32-bit

Teradata Utilities: v14.10 32-bit(FastExport/FastLoad/BTEQ/Multiload)

Note: Exactly the same installation in Staging environment, however, is working fine.

Any thoughts on this issue please.

1 REPLY
Fan

Re: TDOLE DB Driver 14.1 - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed

This issue has now been resolved by restarting the SSIS service and SQL Agent server.

However, it is strange that we didn't have to restart the services in Staging environment but had to do it in Production env.

Thanks anyway for showing interest in this issue.