Teradata Client 15.0 to 15.11 for c# dot.net builds

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Teradata Client 15.0 to 15.11 for c# dot.net builds

Hi,   Work for a big company.   Recently we had a forced 15.1 from 15.0 Teradata Client install on our laptops where I do my c# builds.   Everything (builds and runtime) ran fine on my laptop but when I move my executable to a dev machine it failed with "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or Assembly "Teradata.Client.Provider".  "  I guess I'm not too surprised but I really thought I would have to delete the 15.0 Teradata.Client from my dot.net References and re-add the 15.11 Teradata.Client...  to get it to use the new driver in the builds.   How did my build just automatically switch over to the 15.11 driver?  This forced install looks like it deleted my 15.0 Teradata Client files.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Client 15.0 to 15.11 for c# dot.net builds

error message also said "Version =15.11.0.0"

Teradata Employee

Right click on the Reference and select Properties; Is the "Specific Version" set to False? 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24022134/how-exactly-does-the-specific-version-property-of-an-ass...

Enthusiast

Thanks, this was helpful.  I found the old 15.0 dll file, deleted the current reference, and added the old one, thens set "Specific Version" to True.   Unfortunately, like all things in life in tech nowadays, the .dll file doesn't seem to be enough.   Now it's saying it can't find Teradata.Net.Security.Tdgss  on my laptop when I run it, but it does Build.   Interesting that this compiles (all the TD references in my code resolve with the 15.0 dll file in references) but doesn't run.   Would prefer that Teradata kill it up front  (during the compile) rather than get you to run time and then fail if they somehow feel you are snitching the client dll file (they don't even charge for this do they?, I think I can just download it.).  Just for chuckles I'm going to see if this somehow runs on my dev machine.  I hope I don't have to re-install the 15.0 client on my laptop to fix this.