Teradata Connectivity Issue - Connection reset by peer Error

Connectivity

Teradata Connectivity Issue - Connection reset by peer Error

I have intalled Teradata 13 in Windows 7 32 bit machine. I am getting an error 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer.

I  tried to connect to local host (127.0.0.1) and same local host address is available in the host file but still I are not able to connect. I have started all the service related to Teradata.

The machine I am trying to install are in work group (isolated machines ) and no internet connections.

The same when I am trying to login using BTEQ I get the error as RDBMS crashed or session reset. Recovery in progress.

I uninstalled and intalled the Teradata 13 software but still getting the same error.

Please help me on this issue.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: Teradata Connectivity Issue - Connection reset by peer Error

Hi shyamala,

I also recently installed on window 7 32 bit and got many issues.

in my expereince the best OS for demo version of TD 13 is Windows XP Service Pack3.  In any other OS we get into issues.

If you have windows 7, then install VMware player, build a windows XP SP3 guest machine and then install teradata 13 on the guest OS.   I recently did it through the course material provided by my trainer Manohar.  It is working fine.

Re: Teradata Connectivity Issue - Connection reset by peer Error

Thanks Ashok. Can you share me that course material for installing TD 13 in Windows XP.

Also when I intall TD 13 in a normal machine (i.e which have internet connection and not isolated) it is getting installed properly and also getting connected.

Not sure why the issue is only with isolated machine.