Teradata Connector for Hadoop Now Available

Connectivity
Connectivity covers the mechanisms for connecting to the Teradata Database, including driver connectivity via JDBC or ODBC.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Connector for Hadoop now available

Hi,

I wonder if you use the teradata connector or use sqoop to connect database directly. And if you use the connector, there are different import method(we call transferration from TD to HADOOP as import, from hadoop perspective). Please provide us with your specific sqoop connector command, and table schema for better support.

You can send the info to my email: Mark.Li@teradata.com.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Hi,

I am trying to import data using Teradata Studio to TD 13.0 vm instance, followed the steps for install for the connector I was able to connect to Hadoop  default DB  however I get the following error when I import data to TD 13.0 .. appreciate any insight..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/teradata/hadoop/tool/TeradataExportTool

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Could not find the main class: com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool.  Program will exit.

Thanks

Venkat

Teradata Employee

Did you specify connector jar file using "jar" option in the command? Could you show me you whole hadoop command?

Teradata Employee

I was trying with smart loader for hadoop feature in Teradata Studio 14 not using command line. I apologise I should have posted this on the Studio forum instead, which I just did @ http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/smart-loader-for-hadoop

"There is a Java API document available upon request." Can you please let me know whom to contact for getting this documentation also i have used cloudera sqoop teradata connector, it lacks many features that we can use with "Teradata Connector for Hadoop CLI" . 

In nutshell if we want to use Teradata Connector for Hadoop in java wrappers using java API what approach can we follow and where we can get documentation or example codes

Hau,

My email address is abhishek.bhushan.verma@gmail.com

Hau,

I did not recieve any mail from you about the documentations, Can you please send the same

Thanks

Abhishek

Enthusiast

Hi,

Can you please explain the command line edition of TDCH. According to the manual... where should i extract the jar file? in hadoop or teradata?

Enthusiast

Hi i could not find any tar.gz file... all i could get was  a jar file and xml files.

Teradata Employee

Hi, TDCH is published with tar.gz file. What you've got may be the files after extraction. Please confirm the jar file name and xml files from the README.