Teradata Database Express 12.0 Teradata Service Control is not able to retrieve Session info

Connectivity

Teradata Database Express 12.0 Teradata Service Control is not able to retrieve Session info

Hi,

Can someone pls help with the following.

Teradata service control is not able to retrieve session info as part of the verification step mentioned in the getting started manual. I followed the below steps to install TDW 12.0 today first time on my laptop with WINDOWS XP.

1. Installed all softwares listed. Installation was successful except .NET Framework 2.0 SP1, which threw an error while installing it. Restarted the system.
2. started the Teradata DB initiator thru Services.msc.
3. started the teradata thru teradata service control. the status was changed to teradata running
4. clicked on session info under teradata service control -> file. Another window popped up to retrieve the session info but it was hanging there forever. Closed the window and tried it again, but no change in the behaviour.

Also pls let me know the other steps to be followed to complete the configuration and settings so that I can start executing queries.

Thanks for your help