Teradata JDBC driver behavior different than other drivers using Eclipse and Servoy

Connectivity

Teradata JDBC driver behavior different than other drivers using Eclipse and Servoy

I am using Eclipse and Servoy (www.servoy.com) to create a CRUD application.  Using other JDBC drivers works well in Servoy but the Teradata (v14) JDBC driver does not work as well for CRUD operations.  However, the things I can do using the Teradata drivers are single SELECT statements and INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE statements and I can also make calls to Teradata stored procedures and macros. 

Are there restrictions in the Teradata driver?  What would cause this?  Are there any "fixes"?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata JDBC driver behavior different than other drivers using Eclipse and Servoy

The Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse is Teradata's recommended and supported solution for accessing the Teradata Database from within the Eclipse IDE.

It is freely available for download here on Developer Exchange.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-plug-in-for-eclipse

The Teradata JDBC Driver Engineering team strongly recommends the use of the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse.

Having said all that, what exactly do you mean by "the Teradata (v14) JDBC driver does not work as well for CRUD operations" ?

Are you receiving exceptions or error messages? Do you have some specific examples of operations that do not work?