Teradata ODBC 14.10 64 bit configuration on Linux for OBIEE 11.1.1.7

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Teradata ODBC 14.10 64 bit configuration on Linux for OBIEE 11.1.1.7

1) Make sure you have drivers in the PATH

The below is the entry in the file:

user.sh file : (/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIApplication/coreapplication/setup)

###############################################################

# Teradata: ODBC 64 bit Driver

###############################################################

LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/odbc_64/lib:/opt/teradata/client/14.10/tdicu/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/odbc_64/lib:/opt/teradata/client/14.10/tdicu/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

2) Make changes in odbc.ini file :  (/instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIApplication/coreapplication/setup)

The below is the entry in the file:

TestDS=tdata.so

[TestDS]

Driver=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/odbc_64/lib/tdata.so

Description=Teradata Database

DBCName=127.0.0.1

LastUser=

Username=usr1

Password=pwd

Database=

DefaultDatabase=TESTDB

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata ODBC 14.10 64 bit configuration on Linux for OBIEE 11.1.1.7

You can  test the data source connection by creating a SQL file with query and from the below nqcmd command (run after bi-init.sh command for setting env. variables)

[biuser@linuxdev setup]$ nqcmd -d TestDS -u usr1 -p pwd1 -s myquery.sql > myresults.out

Hi Anish,

Thanks for your valuable post!

Just one question:

We have an OBIEE 11g clustered environment on 2 Exalytics T5-8 servers.  Because of the way OBIEE is installed in a clustered environment (Only BI Server on second node), there is no user.sh or bi-init.sh files on the second node.

How do I setup the ODBC drivers over both nodes?  Or do I simply do it on the one node only?

Regards,

Casper

Hi Anish,

I got no reply, but here is an update of what I'm experiencing so long:

We managed to setup the Teradata ODBC drivers on both server nodes and can select data from Teradata with nqcmd on both nodes.  This is probably an indication that our ODBC drivers work like it should and we shouldn't make any more changes there?

From the BI Administrator Tool we can import metadata from Teradata, but we still can't do row counts or view data.

When doing a consistency check, we get he following error: Can not load library, oracore11.dll, due to, The specified model could not be found.

I have Oracle 11g client on my PC, with the oracore11.ddl present.  And I do not get that error when doing a consistency check on the same repository in a duplicate environment.

Regards,

Casper