Teradata ODBC Trouble in MS/Access

Connectivity
N/A

Teradata ODBC Trouble in MS/Access

Hi,

I have installed the Teradata ODBC/SQL Assistant software thru "Ttu71_tup_utilities Nov 25 2003 BCD0-0652-0000’ - Teradata ODBC version 5.1.2600.2180.

My purpose is to access our Data Warehouse data in Teradata tables by using the following:
1. SQL Assistant thru ODBC
2. MS Access thru ODBC.

After install the ODBC, I do not have problem using the SQL Assistant but unfortunately have problem using the MS Access database thru Teradata ODBC.
When linking tables within MS/Access, I get the following message:

'MICROSOFT OFFICE ACCESS
Reserved Error -7222 There is no message for this error'.

Did anyone has this problem before? We greatly appreciate if you can let us know a possible solution.

Thanks.

Juliet
8 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata ODBC Trouble in MS/Access

Probably DR 90597 (bug in driver on TTU7.1 CD's). Fixed in ODBC 3.3.0.8 and later. Get updated driver from Teradata.Com downloads area or the patch server.

I had this too...Please NOTE special ODBC settings:
Go to ODBC settings / Configure / Options / advanced and look at the bottom two check boxes. They need to be checked.

Hi all,

Even i am facing the same problem. i am not able to link teradata to access.

I tried the advance options too still i have the same error.

Please help....

thanks
ramesh
N/A

You may want to download latest ODBC patch from Teradata Website.
I think TTU8.0 Windows-i386 tdodbc.03.04.00.01 downloadable should resolve your problem.

Vinay

Hi vinay,

Thankyou. I intalled the TTU8.0 Windows-i386 tdodbc.03.04.00.01. But now i am not able to conect to Teradata.

Error:

160: Specific Driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (teradata).

Please help.

Regards
Ramesh
N/A

Ramesh,

You may want to uninstall and re-install the drivers again.
New TD ODBC drivers are backward compatiable.

I think this should resolve the problem that you are having.

Kindly let me know if you still have this issue.

Vinay
N/A

I installed and uninstalled sql assistant 7.1 and tdodbc.03.05.00.04.exe i am getting the same error: 160: Specific Driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (teradata). I deleted the noc folder in program files.

I had the same problem. And in add/remove it shows that I already had ODBC 3.04.00. I downloaded the latest ODBC driver, un-installed the old one and install ODBC driver 3.04.00.01. The problem is gone.