Teradata SQL Assistant ( cross platform connection )

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Teradata SQL Assistant ( cross platform connection )

Hello all,
I know the name of the SQL Assistant is Teradata SQL Assistant, but I am curious if I can connect to a SQL Server DB,using the same.
Has anyone tried doing it ?
Can someone help me with connecting to a SQL Server 2K Db using TD SQL Assistant ?
Any help will be highly appreicated.

Thank you,
az_maverick
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata SQL Assistant ( cross platform connection )

Please do not post same question in multiple forums sub-sections!

Hello, Were you able to do connect to SQL Server. If so can you please tell me. I was able to connect but I was getting an error called.

Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to New Generic JDBC. (Error: null)

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.util.DatabaseProviderHelper.getCatalogDatabase(DatabaseProviderHelper.java:37)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.util.DatabaseProviderHelper.setDatabase(DatabaseProviderHelper.java:47)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.ConnectionInfoImpl.initializeJDBCConnection(ConnectionInfoImpl.java:672)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.ConnectionInfoImpl.(ConnectionInfoImpl.java:644)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:38)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.SQMConnectionFactory.createConnection(SQMConnectionFactory.java:45)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.internal.core.connection.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:59)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryAdapterProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryAdapterProvider.java:114)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ManagedConnection.createConnection(ManagedConnection.java:163)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.CreateConnectionJob.run(CreateConnectionJob.java:56)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Enthusiast

i am also getting same error .............please help :(
Fan

me too geeting the same error while i connect to postgress from sql assistant
Fan

me too geeting the same error while i connect to postgress from sql assistant