Teradata connectivity Issue through JDBC Driver in java

Connectivity

Teradata connectivity Issue through JDBC Driver in java

Hi All,

I am trying to connect my Teradata server through JDBC Driver in java to my Web Application. I am using the following Connection String:

String connectionString ="jdbc:teradata://DatabaseServerName/DATABASE=xxx,DBS_PORT=1025,USER=xxxx,PASSWORD=xxxxx";

I am getting the following error:

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.00.00.07] [Error 1032] [SQLState HY000] Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2.

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:91)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:66)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericTeraEncrypt.initEncrypt(GenericTeraEncrypt.java:221)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericTeraEncrypt.<init>(GenericTeraEncrypt.java:135)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericAssignState.action(GenericAssignState.java:82)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:120)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:199)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.<init>(TeraLocalConnection.java:95)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:54)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:217)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:150)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:270)

I tried to solve this issue by adding LOGMECH=td2 in the connection string. Since my teradata server is implemented using the TD2 Log On Mechanism, But still i am facing the same issue.

Can anyone Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata connectivity Issue through JDBC Driver in java

Remove the space from your connection string.

Teradata Employee

The error message "Single Sign-On NOT supported" typically means that you did not specify a username or password.

You are using a very old version of the Teradata JDBC Driver that does not offer the USER and PASSWORD JDBC URL connection parameters; therefore, the JDBC Driver behaves as though you did not specify a username or password at all.

The USER and PASSWORD JDBC URL connection parameters were introduced with Teradata JDBC Driver 14.00.00.13, as documented in the Teradata JDBC Driver User Guide here on Developer Exchange:

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#URL_USER

Upgrade to the latest version of the Teradata JDBC Driver available here on Developer Exchange.

Thank You Tomnolan. :)

Now its working. Thanks alot :)