Teradata connectivity issue using Integrated Security and VBA

Connectivity
Enthusiast

Teradata connectivity issue using Integrated Security and VBA

Hi, I have an excel that connectes to Teradata using integrated security method. It works for mist of the users but some of them get an error - not enough information to connect to Teradata. If I change the code to use standard connection string using UID/PWD, it works for all w/o issues. All the users have TD ver 15.0 but some have 32 bit ODBC driver and others have both 32 and 64 bit ODBC installed. The code I am using: strConnection = "SessionMode=Teradata;Driver=Teradata;Trusted_connection=yes; DBCName= DBCName.com"

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata connectivity issue using Integrated Security and VBA

The Trusted_Authentication=yes option is processed by the "MSDASQL Provider for ODBC" bridge, and not by the Teradata driver itself.

The UseIntegratedSecurity=Y option should be passed along and processed by the driver, but I don't recall if that keyword is available in ODBC 15.0 or just 15.10 and later.

Enthusiast

thank you, it works for the users who were getting an error. 

How is it that Trusted_Authentication=yes worked for most of the users though?  

Teradata Employee

I don't know. Perhaps a different maintenance level of the Microsoft msdasql.dll, or different maintenance level of the Teradata ODBC driver, or 32-bit vs 64-bit behavior.