The installation of ODBC appears to have failed

Connectivity
Bo
Fan

The installation of ODBC appears to have failed

I'm using Win7 64 Bit. I had SQL assistant 15 running nicely before. Yesterday I tried to install TTU 16. I kept getting the following error message during the intallation. I tried to re-install TTU 15 but it also failed. I've removed Teradata folders in "Program files" and "Program files (x86)". I still cannot have any version of TTU installed. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

image.pngimage.png

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: The installation of ODBC appears to have failed

The installer packages includes a cleanup script uninstall_TTU.vbs and a PDF with instructions on how to use it to completely remove any pieces of older TTU versions.

Use the uninstall from the most recent version (16.0 in your case). Once you do that, you should be able to (re)install properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

The installer packages includes a cleanup script uninstall_TTU.vbs and a PDF with instructions on how to use it to completely remove any pieces of older TTU versions.

Use the uninstall from the most recent version (16.0 in your case). Once you do that, you should be able to (re)install properly.

Bo
Fan

Thanks, Fred. It worked. 

By default, the script only removes versions lower than 15.00.00.00. Since I had a broken version 16.0 installed, the log said "uninstall is not required". So I had to set the parameter "/PRIORTOVERSION:17.00.00.00", then it removed version 16.0. I was able to install properly after that.