The managed provider 'Teradata.Client.Provider' could not be instantiated

Connectivity
N/A

The managed provider 'Teradata.Client.Provider' could not be instantiated

Hi!

This might very well be an easy problem to solve - but I obviously need help doing so.

I'm using a dev environment (BIDS) on Server1 (Windows Server 2008 x64). Analysis Services is running on Server2 (Windows Server 2008 x64). The data is in a Teradata database on Server3.

I have installed the .Net dataprovider for Teradata (13.10.0.0) on both Server1 and Server2. I can connect to the Teradata database using BIDS on Server1, and I have verified that I can do the same using NQuery on Server2. I'm creating a cube using ROLAP, and performing the deploy to Server2 is not a problem, but when I try to browse the cube or any dimension, I get the following error:

"Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'TDS', Name of 'TDS'.
Errors in the back-end database access module. The managed provider 'Teradata.Client.Provider' could not be instantiated."

The same error occurrs upon browsing both in BIDS (on Server1) and in SQL Server Management Studio (on Server2).

I have no problem performing "Explore data" from within BIDS (Server1).

Any help would be appreciated!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: The managed provider 'Teradata.Client.Provider' could not be instantiated

Update: I never mentioned that the database server (Server3) is actually in another domain. I guess this can have an impact when impersonating the service account in SSAS. But would an impersonation issue generate this error message?
N/A

OK, so I found the problem. It had actually nothing to do with the Teradata provider, instead this error message derived from my service account not being correctly set up. I stopped the analysis services instance, provided my own credentials, started the service ant it turns out that it works like a charm.

Sorry for posting this in Teradata forum, but hopefully it will help someone in the future.

Thanks Annak. I had the same issue and had to restart the service and it worked!!!