Tomcat TeraJDBC 15.10.00.14] [Error 4505] [SQLState HY000] Connection does not exist

Connectivity

Tomcat TeraJDBC 15.10.00.14] [Error 4505] [SQLState HY000] Connection does not exist

Hi, I have a Spring-Boot-Java-Application (Webservices) which connects successfully to the Teradata-Database. After 1 or 2 days i get many times the above error - Connection does not exist. I don't know if Teradata supports the parameter "validation-query" to prevent a disconnect from the db. Here are my configured parameters: spring.datasource.teradata.url=jdbc:teradata://*******,TMODE=TERA,CHARSET=UTF8,autoReconnect=true spring.datasource.teradata.driver-class-name=com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver spring.datasource.teradata.username=***** spring.datasource.teradata.password=***** spring.datasource.teradata.maxActive=10 spring.datasource.teradata.maxIdle=5 spring.datasource.teradata.maxWait=5000 spring.datasource.teradata.logAbandoned=true spring.datasource.teradata.removeAbandoned=true spring.datasource.teradata.removeAbandonedTimeout=60 Do anyone has an idea ? Many thanks for your help. Regards Roberto
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Tomcat TeraJDBC 15.10.00.14] [Error 4505] [SQLState HY000] Connection does not exist

Error 4505 is an error from Unity, and the error is probably indicating that Unity lost its connection to the back-end Teradata Database.

If you want to use a "validation query" to test whether a connection is still valid, you can specify a very simple query such as SELECT 1

Re: Tomcat TeraJDBC 15.10.00.14] [Error 4505] [SQLState HY000] Connection does not exist

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

What I don't understand the connection works fine for approx. 24h, afterworks this error begins and till I don't restart tomcat the problem remains.

We work with Connection Pooling.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Perhaps your database administrator has configured Viewpoint to terminate idle sessions. You can ask your database administrator to exclude your application's userid.