Trusted Connection in .Net data provider Driver

Connectivity

Trusted Connection in .Net data provider Driver

Hi,
I a trying to connect to Teradata using Teradata.Client.Provider driver. When I provide user name and password it connects without any problem, but I want to connect to the database using my OS account. I have my access to the Data base from OS account. I specify Integrated security = YES if I wish to connect to oracle using my OS account. I want to know if I can do same here.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Trusted Connection in .Net data provider Driver

a) The Teradata database version you use with .NET Data Provider for Teradata 12.0 and higher
must support Kerberos Authentication and furthermore SPNEGO must be enabled. SPNEGO is not
enabled by default. See Teradata Security Administration manual for steps to enable SPNEGO.

b) Set TdConnectionStringBuilder.IntegratedSecurity to true or
set the connection string to "Data Source=X; Integrated Security=true;"

Note you are looking for Integrated Security or what is known as Single-Sign-On in Teradata manuals.
Trusted Connection is a separate feature in Teradata Database 13.0.

Thanks Cal

where you able to connect successfully (using SPNEGO)?? I have connection issues, It works from my local machine but when I host the web app on a test server it does not work.

Any help/hints highly appreciated
Teradata Employee

What version of the provider are you using and what is the error that is getting thrown by the provider?

Hi,
I am having the same situation even after enabling SPENGO I cannot login to Teradata.
FYI:My scenario includes double hop with constrained delegation. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated

I am using TD provider version 13.11.0.1. and the error message is "Teradata.Client.Provider.TdException: [Teradata Database] [8017] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid."