Trying to set up ODBC connection

Connectivity

Trying to set up ODBC connection

I've been trying to set up the ODBC connection for Teradata while using the program Advanced Query Tool. I've already downloaded the latest driver and installed it on the computer. When I go to add a new system data source and click on teradata, it gives me the following error message: "Unknown error occurred in terasso library."

Then it pulls up the window that allows me to enter information such as name, description, Teradata Server Info, Default database, Username, Password, and Account String. After entering this information, I get another error message: "Unable to write Accountstring into private profile."

Does anyone have any ideas?
31 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Trying to set up ODBC connection

What TTU are you using?

Before installing the ODBC driver, there are other dependencies such as TDICU and TeraGSS packages. These need to be installed first before installing ODBC driver.

Hi,

I have the same problem. The newest ODBC driver (6/28/2006 11:25:48 AM) can be downloaded at "http://www.teradata.com/t/go.aspx/index.html?id=152251"

But where I can download the "Teradata Generic Security Services" (TeraGSS) and the "Shared common components for Internationalization for Teradata" (tdicu)?

Best Regards,
Uwe Posselt.
Teradata Employee

The driver download file is actually a self-extracting "bundle" that includes the appropriate TeraGSS and TDICU as well as the driver itself.

Ok, thank you for the information.

The package contains TeraGSS 06.01.00.00, TDICU 01.01.01.00 and TDODBC 03.05.00.05

Meanwhile I've got a newer TeraGSS 06.01.00.14 by a NCR supporter. I don't know, why the ODBC package (from 6/28/2006) contains a TeraGSS version, that is older than 11/22/05.

This is the fix list for TeraGSS:

# Copyright 2006, NCR Corporation. All rights reserved.
#ident "$id$"

Problems fixed by this release are listed below (latest at the top):

---------------------------TeraGSS / tdgss 6.1.0.x EFIX DRs----------------------------
This is a list of all DRs included in this product since the 6.1 GCA release.

************************************************************************************
***************************** EFIX 6.1.0.14 created 03/14/06 ***********************
************************************************************************************

DR 101738 Priority 1
Users complain that the encrypted logons take twice as long as non-encrpyted logons.

***************************** EFIX 6.1.0.11 created 02/20/06 ***********************

DR 100608 Priority 1
Gateway enters a crash loop with ldapv3_stricmp() at the top of the traceback when
logdata does not contain a user= property.

****************************** EFIX 6.1.0.9 created 01/27/06 ***********************
NOTE: This efix contains the rollup of code from 06.00.02.07

DR 97432 Priority 2
ODBC applications (kxen) fails to connect to a V2R5.1.x RDBMS.
DR 99109 Priority 2
DBS node runs out of memory and hangs.

******************************* EFIX 6.1.0.07 created 12/29/05 *********************

DR 99554 Priority 2
After each logon, a ldap client stays in ESTABLISHED and turn to CLOSE_WAIT around 15
minutes later. These connections are never freed until the gateway or query director
process terminates.
After enough logon attempts, the end result makes the Teradata server or Query
Director unavailable, effectively denying service to legitimate clients.
DR 99921 Priority 2
After certain types of logon error have occurred when using Kerberos, further Kerberos
logons are permanently disabled. All attempts to use Kerberos fail.

******************************* EFIX 6.1.0.06 created 12/21/05 *********************

DR 100303 Priority 2
In order to support the Microsoft 8.0 concept of manifest files which was introduced in
the "official" release of the 8.0 compiler, the TeraGss package needed to be updated to
support the manifest file concept and how it packaged the C run-time routines.

******************************* EFIX 6.1.0.04 created 11/22/05 *********************

DR 100213 Priority 2
TeraGss Client nt-ia64 package installs in a folder created with the name nt-
x8664. Also the version number in the setup says 6c and Add/Remove programs
says the version is 6c.0 06.1.

I'm facing the same problem it says "Unknown error occurred in terasso library".

I uninstalled ODBC from my laptop and installed latest version 03.05.00.05 and GSS and ICU bundled with it but still my problem is not resolved.

Can anybody help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Munir

Have you installed the drivers in the correct order (1. GSS, 2. ICU, 3. ODBC)

Which windows version are you using?

When I eventually solved the error, I think I remember it having to do with permissions. I didn't have the permission to access a connection that someone else had set up, I think. Look at your permissions.

Yes brother ... ordering worked perfectly fine for me ...

Special thanks to Uwe Posselt!!!

Regards,
Enthusiast

This helped me as well. Thanks guyz.