Unable to connect to TERADATA from SSIS ADO.Net source

Connectivity

Unable to connect to TERADATA from SSIS ADO.Net source

Hi All ,

I m trying to connect to TERADATA server from SSIS using .Net Providers\.Net data provider for TERADATA. After giving the server name and credentials i m getting the below error.    

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing the provider.[.Net data provider for teradata][100002] can not create the connection wiyhin the time specified.  

I have googled a lot but did not find any correct solution.I m struggling from last 2 days. Could you please help me in this as it is bit urgent.

Thanks in Advance.  

GTREDDY

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Unable to connect to TERADATA from SSIS ADO.Net source

The default login timeout is 20 seconds. The .NET Data Provider for Teradata was not able to login within 20 seconds. You can increase the Connection Timeout:

https://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/tdnetdp/15.10/webhelp/Teradata.Client.Provider~Terad...

However normally 20 seconds is enough; I suggest testing the connectivity with the SQL-Assistant or use the Sample Ad-hoc application (NQuery.exe) in "Program Files (x86)\Teradata\NET Data Provider for Teradata\XX.YY\samples\Bin" directory.