Unable to connect to teradata sql assistant 13.10

Connectivity

Unable to connect to teradata sql assistant 13.10

Hi ...i have installed Teradata SQL assistant 13.10 , but i couldn't able to connect because it is asking me username and password and also ip address...can you please help me what i should give here for username, password and ip address

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Unable to connect to teradata sql assistant 13.10

Hi,

You would contact at your DBA for the credentials.

Regards.

Hi Dixxie...thanks for your response

i have installed this in my personal computer for my practice, this is not related to any organization to contact DBA...can you please help me now

Could anyone please help me here...i have installed Teradata sssistant 13.10 in my personal computer for practicing...and it is asking me the username and password...i dont have any username and passwords...can you please help me out...

Junior Contributor

You need a Teradata server SQL Assistant is just a client.

Did you download Teradata Express and follow the instructions?

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express/vmware

Dieter

Hi,

Iam newbie to Teradata. I downloaded and installed Teradata Express database 13.0 (default setup) on my windows xp pro sp3 successfully.

Here I am little bit confusing what are the username/password to connect in SQL Assistant. How to connect samples in SQL Assistant.?

Do I need configure any thing like system variables.. and modify host files? some where I saw. (hopefully it doesnot require.).

1). What is database name of teradata? (In oracle "orcl" if we do not change the database name).

2). How to connect to admin and create users.

3). How to connect to sample schema (like scott/tiger in oracle. what are the credentials?) ?.

is there any document to go through.. I mean not a 1000 pages book... just to overview of that....

Help would be appreciable.

Thanks.

SRI.