User Provisioning with Identity Management Systems

Connectivity

User Provisioning with Identity Management Systems

Hi!, I'm trying to integrate Teradata with our Identity Management Solution. I would like to know the way for adding users via command line, SQL/JDBC query, API, and so on.

Best regards
2 REPLIES

Re: User Provisioning with Identity Management Systems

Hey hi All, We are also trying to connect to Teradata using JDBC drivers from SAP Identity Management. We are running IDM on windows 2003 64 bit. I have installed all the components like GSS 13.10, cliv2 and also ODBC connections. 

Then i created this URL:jdbc:teradata://terdev/user=PRODIDM/password=XXXXXXXXX

the error we get is:

Fromsource Database.init got exception connecting to jdbc:teradata://terdev/user=PRODIDM/password=*********, returning false

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.00.00.06] [Error 1032] [SQLState HY000] Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2.

Error

Init failed

Warning

CLASSPATH directory (E:\SAP\IdM\Identity Center\.) contains no class files.

So after searching some forums we got to know that we have turn of single sign on in teradata which the Teradata team has also already done. 

We have already update the classpath with drivers and also the past to JDBC drivers. 

Nothing is working. Can some one please let us know if you have any solution. 

Rgds,

Kumar. 

Teradata Employee

Re: User Provisioning with Identity Management Systems

USER and PASSWORD URL connection parameters were not supported when this was posted back in 2011.

USER and PASSWORD URL connection parameters are a new feature, available beginning with Teradata JDBC Driver version 14.00.00.13.

Having said that, there is also a syntax error in the Teradata JDBC Driver connection URL: commas must be used to separate connection parameters, not forward slashes.

So the example connection URL should be:

jdbc:teradata://terdev/USER=PRODIDM,PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXX