error with 64bit teradata .net provider

Connectivity
Kam
N/A

error with 64bit teradata .net provider

Hi guys,
I will be very greatful if anyone can help me,I have been trying to solve this error for weeks now. Iam using 64bit teradata .net provider on win2k 64 bit server and keep getting error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B). The same thing works if i use 32 bit .net provider on 32 bit test machine. I will appreciate any ideas....

Regards,
Kam
8 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: error with 64bit teradata .net provider

Did you install 64-bit versions of CLI, ICU and GSS?
Kam
N/A

Yes. The 64bit teradata .net provider download came with 64 bit versions of ICU,GSS,CLI. I have installed them, still getting the error...
Teradata Employee

Is a service like IIS loading the .NET Data Provider? if it is a Service, did you restart the service after Installing CLI, ICU and GSS? Also did you install 32-bit and 64-bit versions of CLI, ICU and GSS on this machine?

I suggest to run a simple test with NQuery.exe first. It is in InstallationDirectory\Samples\Bin. NQuery architecture is MSIL; it will run as a 64-bit process.

Also note that .NET Data Provider for Teradata Version 12.0 no longer depends on CLI, ICU and GSS.
Kam
N/A

Hi,
I have installed both the 32bit version and 64 bit version now.
Iam testing using the NQuery. and still getting the same error. Do i have to make any registry changes or some thing like that. Our teradata database is 8.2, Can i use .NET Data Provider for Teradata Version 12.0 to connect to 8.2 database? ....

Kam

Teradata Employee

Does NQuery startup?
If NQuery starts up, then the .NET Data Provider is fine. You can use ListDlls to see that it loaded correctly from the GAC.

I would write a simple console application that simply connects and disconnects. I would first build a 32-bit version and run it on the server. If this succeeds then there is something wrong with 64-bit versions of CLI, ICU or GSS. .NET Data Provider for Teradata is MSIL; it can load into a 32-bit or 64-bit process. If process is 32-bit, then it will require the 32-bit version of CLI, ICU and GSS. If process is 64-bit then it will require 64-bit versions.

You can use .NET Data Provider for Teradata version 12.0 to connect to Teradata Database 6.2.

Teradata Employee

I just ran a test on my 64-bit system.

My path is is set to

PATH=C:\Program Files\NCR\Common Files\Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\NCR\Common Files\Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\NCR\Teradata Client\cliv2\;C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata Client\cliv2\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem

NQuery works fine and it loads.

I changed the Path so it would only reference the 32-bit versions of CLI:

PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\NCR\Common Files\Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\NCR\Teradata Client\cliv2\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem

NQuery displayed "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception From HRESULT: 0x8007000B).

So, check your path and make sure it points to 64-bit version of CLI and ICU. The 64-bit versions are in "C:\program files".

Kam
N/A

that solved my problem, thanks a lot , you are awesome. It never occured to me to see the path settings... thanks again....
Kam
Kam
N/A

Iam now using .NET Data Provider for Teradata version 12.0.0.1 and it works great...

Kam